From Wildermyth Wiki
Revision as of 11:39, 17 November 2019 by Pbelanger (Clarified devMode.txt file)
There are a number of dev tools that make it easier to test the game. One of the challenges in a randomly generated game is that you need to be able to access the content in order to test it, and if it is surfaced randomly, that might be hard.
- enable dev mode by adding devMode.txt to your install folder. (This doesn't need to contain any text, the game just checks if the file exists)
- enable cheats when you start a new game.
- objective cheats allow you to skip large sections, but might be bug prone.
- See All and Overland Only are powerful
- Pick Events allows you to choose which (random?) events you get in each situation where a random event is selected. It can slow down play, but it's the best way to test particular events, e.g. when you are working on them.