Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are a number of dev tools that make it easier to test the game. One of the challenges in a randomly generated game is that you need to be able to access the content in order to test it, and if it is surfaced randomly, that might be hard.
- enable dev mode by adding devMode.txt to your install folder. (This doesn't need to contain any text, the game just checks if the file exists)
- The install folder is the folder that contains the wildermyth.jar file
- If you're playing on Steam, you can get to your install folder by right-clicking Wildermyth in the Steam library and selecting Manage > Browse local files
- If you're on a Mac, you'll need to right-click the app and select "Show contents", then open Contents/Resources.
- enable cheats when you start a new game.
- objective cheats allow you to skip large sections, but might be bug prone.
- See All and Overland Only are powerful
- Pick Events allows you to choose which (random?) events you get in each situation where a random event is selected. It can slow down play, but it's the best way to test particular events, e.g. when you are working on them.