(Active) Hero draws back, using a ranged attack on the first enemy who enters the threatened tiles, dealing an extra +2 Damage. If no attack occurs, get a free attack at the start of next turn.
Ambush interrupts enemy movement.
The hero may set an ambush that covers a 3x3 grid on the battle map. If no attack occurs, the hero gets a free attack that deals +2 damage at the start of the following turn. This free attack must be used first before any other actions or abilities, even Swap Weapon, or the opportunity will be lost. The free attack does not need to be targeted within the original ambush area. Additionally, note the interaction between Ambush and the following abilities:
- Through Shot is not applied.
- Ember Arrows is applied.
- Sharpshooter's +1 damage is applied, but the reduced minimum range for bows is only applied to the enemy-turn attack, not the free player-turn attack.
- Ambush works with melee and ranged theme attacks.
- Area of effect attacks such as Flamesoul's Cone of Fire will only trigger if no allies will be harmed by the attack.
- Ambush can be useful before opening a door or while enemies are out of range because of the free attack it grants on the next turn.